Sunday, October 9, 2016

A little 1920's Glamour

I know I promised people around me that I wouldn't think about work whilst I was away, but for me blogging isn't really work, it's more of a means of release if I'm being totally honest! Hence, why I make time for it even though I am technically on holiday!
Today I want to share something very pretty, rather romantic atmospherically and something that feels a little bit magical - in the same way that having some time to relax at home is feeling, I guess?!
This time I'm taking a trip back in time, as I've been thinking about the Retro Rewind event that has been taking place in SL and that closes on the 12th, and I slip back in time to the roaring 20's. A time of glamour and depression all rolled into one decade, a time when Art Deco was the height of fashion...
I chose an amazing dress from the event to share with you, something so pretty but something that I'd never normally choose too. It gave me the chance to slip into a fantasy character that would have felt right at home in a 1920's gangster family. She oozes glamour and elegance. The dress is the Evening Dress from Sakide - which you can pick up at the Retro Rewind until October 15th - and I accessorized it with a cute Crochet Choker from (Yummy) and a wig that Wasabi Pills made a long time ago which is perfect for the era.
A glamorous look needs a glamorous location to be seen in. The location I chose was perfect, though nothing of the mobster feel really, but the glitz I was looking for could be found at The Outer Garden!
Still for now I have done with the glamour I think, it's time to slip into my PJs and curl up warm and cosy...

What is she wearing;
Hair: Wasabi Pills - Claudette in Reds
Choker: (Yummy) - Crochet Choker in Black/Silver (Available until October 12th at No.21)
Tattoo: [White Widow] - Spotlight
Cigarette : Sn@tch - Bohemian Cigarette Holder (Part of the Helena Gown Outfit)
Dress: SAKIDE - Evening Dress (Available until October 15th at Retro Rewind)
Pose: Image Essentials - Sexy 3

No comments:

Post a Comment