Friday, January 22, 2016

The Dead Disneyland

I've been a little stressed and tense lately, and a couple of days ago I found some time to just sit back and create a look and a photo that helped me to relax... There was no pressure, no disturbance from outside forces and no time frame for working on this, I could just sit back relax and let the good music I had in my ears lead me through to create something I was happy with...
The result was something dead LOL... I always seem to find myself making dead things! Seems like my happy place is having Rudh as a Zombie LOL, but this time however I was able to go to the "Happiest Place on Earth" a somewhat Disneyland in my mind... A post-apocalyptic Disneyland... 
I wonder about myself sometimes!! I LOVE the outcome of this photo though, I was so happy with it, and feel pleased to see how far I have come as a photographer in recent months. 
The idea for this photo started with a discovery of DirtyLand... No that's not something rude, it's a store! A really cute store that seems to be based on the artwork of Brian Vivaros (I think, but don't quote me on that) and from the creative minds behind DirtyStories. I went into a crazy buying frenzy when I found the store, I bought lots and lots, but my favourite pieces were the Minnie items... I'm wearing the Crappy Minnie Ears and the current group gift of the Minnie Lollipop, as well as a Face Strap from DirtyLand! As well as a few older nods to the great mouse lady herself, like the necklace from Noodles. OH AND... The skirt was something that I couldn't resist either, I spotted this Jupe Carre from Sorbet on someone's Flickr pages and HAD to have one!!! 
There is one more thing that needs an honourable mention and a close up... Look into my eyes, my left one more than the right one... This is a new release from Psycho.Byts - available at the Wayward Winter Event until January 31st - called Snow Queen. The set of eyes come in various colours, as basic eyes or as Mesh contacts, and although I chose to use the white, the coloured examples are very striking too!!! I'll include a close-up photo below, this may even become my new profile picture because it is just so cute, and advise you to go check out both the Wayward Winter for the eyes and Everwinter, the theme park!! Do it, Do it NOW!

What is she wearing;
Hair Band: DirtyLand - Crappy Minnie Headband 
Hair: Truth - Solace 
Skin: Glam Affair - Luna Skin in Asia (Available until January 23rd at Uber
Left Eye: Psycho.Byts - Snow Queen Eyes in White (Available until January 31st at Wayward Winter
Eye Make-Up: [mock] - Tainted Love Zombie Makeover 
Face Strap: DirtyLand - Face Strap 
Nose Piercing: The Horror! - Secret Septums in No2 Black (Available until January 24th at OMGacha
Lips: Psycho.Byts - Hecate Lips in Red 
Lollipop: DirtyLand - Minnie's Lollipop (Current Group Gift) 
Necklace: Noodles - Lady Mouse Necklace in Silver 
Top: Razor - Chambers Shirt 
Skirt: Sorbet - Jupe Carre in Noir 
Pose: Ploom - Bones 1 (No Longer Available!)

No comments:

Post a Comment