Thursday, September 17, 2015

The DIY Steampunk Princess

I don't know or care how many times I've ever said this in the past, but I will say it again right now... I LOVE to play dress up! When I get an idea in my head, its usually best for me to just run with it, or it becomes like a block to everything else I'd want to play around with. It can be spurred by a dream, a TV show or even a simple item that I find myself in the possession of in SL. 
Sometimes though if it's an accessory it can be a bit of a nightmare... I LOVE accessorising but creating a look based on one is SO HARD! Still when the accessories lead the look, I will on occasion have some damn good results... This would be one of those times!
YAY I AM A PRINCESS AGAIN!!! I have such grandiose ideas when it comes to what I want to be when I grow up huh?!
The entire look was created due to an accessory, and for an accessory based outfit I don't think I did too badly hehe... The accessory in question is the Steampunk Gauntlet from PSYCHO.Byts - which you can grab for yourself at Mesh Avenue by the way - because what princess shouldn't be allowed to wear armour and defend herself... Who needs this knight in shining armour business?!
This Princess has taken up residence in the hallowed halls of Hattusa City and it looks like it was a good idea, there seems to be some kind of battle raging outside perhaps?! Though I hope no one assumes that just because I'm pretty I cannot defend myself! Check out that gauntlet, and then the scar on my face LOL...
My dress is one from Collabor88 designer trés blah, and even though I normally would never touch formal wear - as no one ever takes me places to use it *coughs* HellBone *coughs* - I couldn't resist the soft, silkiness of this Catcall dress! The only true sign of my status as a princess being the adorably, pr!tty Crystal DIY Headband... Yes I made it myself LOL nothing wrong with ideas of grandeur!!! 

What is she wearing;
Hair Accessory: pr!tty - Crystal DIY Headband 
Hair: Truth - Josette
Skin: Glam Affair - Lauren in America 07 
Wounds: antielle - The Alchemical Transformation  
Dress: trés blah - Catcall in Grey (Available Now at Collabor88)
Gauntlet: {PSYCHO:Byts} - Steampunk Gauntlets (Available Now at Mesh Avenue)
Pose: Signature Pose - Sebastian 4

No comments:

Post a Comment