Monday, April 13, 2015

Pretty in Punk

There are a few things that I am sure my blog could hint at about me - and I'm sure if you've ever read much of my ramblings, it isn't hard to guess either - things like I love to be a living Dead Dolly, I do have a bit of a penchant for crazy colours at times and I LOVE shopping!
Now from time to time I will dedicate a post to certain events and the items that you can get your hands on at them, but the one that I want to talk about today is one of those events that either seems to be a hit or a miss with me. Some people get excited by every round, but I am - some might say luckily - only affected once every few months LOL... I'm talking about Collabor88! This month, the theme was one that had me reaching for my wallet and if my bank account could talk it would be saying something akin to "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
PUNK ROCK!!! I am most definitely a rock chick at heart, I have an eclectic music taste and can - and frequently do - listen to lots of different things, but if I was forced to put a label on my taste I'd say it's predominantly rock based and leave it at that...
Though the goodies that you can get your hands on at Collabor88 this month are really, really amazeballs... I spent a fifth-tune - lots more than a fortune - collecting some of the Punk Rock based items and decorating my house with them that I couldn't resist taking a few minutes to talk about them too hehe...
The Chaise is one of two that comes with or without the punk additions from Trompe Loeil - I say two but there are actually four versions as each different design comes in Adult or PG!! These are very customisable, textures can be easily changed via a menu system and that includes with or without patterns too! I also had to have, but had a hard time choosing the colour of, the amazing Punk Rock Neon Sign from floorplan...
The one remaining photo prop that I want to share here, without getting into the realm of my outfit just yet is the adorable Yummy Bear from SilentSparrow - this particular colour was a recent FLF release but there are lots of colours to choose from and look how perfectly he matches the chaise!!!
Let's leave the furniture behind for a minute and discuss my outfit, because that had me almost as excited as the new decor!
THIS HAIR!!! OH MY GAH!! I love the hair, it's a new Exile release called Flying Over the Dateline and I bought it in both the natural pack and this awesome Fantasy colour pack... It's Punk Rock, what did you expect?! I teamed that with some very punk rock style green eyeliner, a new store release for SongBird by the way, and then it was time to go to town on accessories hehe... I had such a simple outfit that I needed the right jewellery!!!
I wore three different length necklaces to build up my punk rocker look... The first being a choker from Kibitz - it's a We <3 RP release but so worth going to get! - I am a bit of a sucker for their collars. They are always so well textured and so very pretty!!! This one is a prime example of that. The Psycho Tagged Necklace was something I stumbled upon at 7mad;Ravens booth for the Rock Attitude Fashion Fair - I'm not sure if that's still on or not by the way - but it took me a little while to work out which slogan I wanted... Although as a little hint, if you're a part of the 7mad;Ravens group, you can get a Beauty & Beast version as a little giftie!
Finally though, for a little elegance, I added the super pretty string of pearls from Schadenfreude... The Pearl Mori Row Necklace looks just like an adorable pearl necklace, but these are not for the faint of heart... The tiny little skulls bring just a touch of that rocker style to an elegant necklace!
I'm an elegant, punk rocker girl what can I say hehe!!!

What is she wearing;
Hair: Exile - Flying Over the Dateline in Fantasy 1 (Available now at Collabor88)
Skin: Glam Affair - Lauren in America 07 (Pat Collabor88 Item)
Eyeliner: SongBird - Kodine Eyes
Face Wounds:Utopiah - Excessive Pain Makeup
Nose Piercing: DirtyStories - Heart Nose Piercing (Past Suicide Dollz Item)
Lip Piercing: Cute Poison - Frosted Piercing
Choker: Kibitz - Casey in Obsidian (Available Now at We <3 RP)
Necklace: Schadenfreude - Pearl Mori Row Necklace (Available now at Collabor88)
Chain: 7mad;Ravens - Tagged in Psycho
Top: Razor - Chambers Shirt (Past Event Release)
Pants: Livid - Ministry Leggings in Ghost Rider (Past CarnEvil Release)
Shoes: DirtyStories - Teddy Couple Heels (Available Now at Suicide Dollz)
Sofa: Trompe Loeil - Alexi Chaise Lounge in Punk PG (Available now at Collabor88)
Light: floorplan - Neon Skull in Hot Pink (Available now at Collabor88 http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/8%208/60/201/1089)
Teddy: SilentSparrow - Yummy Bear in Strawberry (Past FLF Item)
Close-Up Photo: Signature Pose - Parker 5

No comments:

Post a Comment