Sunday, November 23, 2014

All the stars are coming out tonight... They're lighting up the sky tonight...

Memory is such a wonderful thing... Each one like a star in our own personal night sky, least that was what I was always told when I was little by my grandmother... She always used to tell me that the bigger and brighter the star looked in the sky, the more special the memory was...
Memories are at the front of my mind at the moment, one of my friend's mothers has just been diagnosed with Alzheimers, and if I'm honest something like that would scare me more than a sudden accident or a reduced life expectancy... I think it's put me in a bit of a sombre mood!
The picture, luckily, seems more pensive than sad but it fits perfectly with the idea of stars being our saved memories... The title of the post holds a memory in itself that will ALWAYS make me smile! It's lyrics from a song by a "boyband" - though the term boys may not be appropriate anymore since they are all in their 40s LOL - called Take That. Even though I am a rock girl through and through, my first celebrity crush was on one of the members, and I've always thought of them as the skeletons in my music loving closet hehe... The memory that links to the post title though is due to the effect this song has on my mum! We went to see the band at a concert a few years ago, I'd not long left home but was back with her to see them, and the song brought tears to her eyes... I miss my mum all the time so this song always brings a smile to my face when I can't get home to see her...
The outfit, which must be discussed, was something almost moonlight angelic in style. I adorned myself with a wig from Ploom - told you you'd be seeing this hair a lot though, I have it in a LOT of colours hehe.., I wanted eyes that seemed to be reflecting the light of the moon, and I found the perfect pair from SongBird, these Winter Fae eyes do come with make-up too but it was too dark for what I needed here! The dress, one of the very few plain white ones that I do actually have, is a Halter Gown from Valentina E, but it is the accessories that were the entire reason for this photo... 
I spotted the Starshine Gacha Collection at the Cirque De Seraphim and immediately had to have the horns! I will however say, that due to the Rare nature of the horns, the Sweet Thing store made a damn good profit from me LOL... Not that I mind, the horns are worth it! 
All she needs now is a star to ride on... OH and have a little Take That... The song means a lot to me, so I have to share since they are the memory behind this post hehe... 

What is she wearing;
Hair: Ploom - Mystic V2 in Colours (Available now at the Fantasy Gacha Carnival
Horns & Necklaces & Bracelet:  Sweet Thing - Starshine Gacha Collection (Available now at Cirque De Seraphim
Skin: Glam Affair - Lauren in America 07 (Available now at Collabor88)
Eyes: SongBird - Winter Fae Eyes 
Piercing: Cute Poison - Starlust Piercings 
Dress: Valentina E - Harper Halter Gown in Innocence 
Pose: Signature Pose - Shy 5 

No comments:

Post a Comment