Saturday, July 12, 2014

Things are getting a little Hairy!

Hair Fair 2014 officially opened it's proverbial doors this morning at 12AM SLT, and now the rush is on to get in and grab all those lovely new wigs... 
If you have no idea about Hair Fair then time for an education... Basically for the past few years, a group of organisers and designers have been collecting together at this time of year to raise money for a charity called Wigs for Kids. Each participating designer releases three or 4 new styles that will only be available at the fair for the duration of the event - hence why any hair designers may seem a little frantic at Hair Fair time, with a proportion of the sales going to the charity... and what a worthy charity it is - least I think so... The money raised goes towards creating wigs for children with diseases or on medications that may have made them lose their own hair. Having worked with children that have suffered with this problem in the past, I have had the pleasure of witnessing a child who through no fault of their own has lost all confidence along with their hair being boosted by a new 'do'. I've seen the way that wigs from charities like this one can really bring smiles that have disappeared and watched children go from shrinking violets to dancing daisies all by the addition of a wig and so when I was given early access to the event I was honoured to be able to give some of my time, along with a lot of my lindens, to helping out such an awesome cause. 
Like I said I SPENT A LOT, there are SO MANY different styles that it was hard to choose what I wanted. One of my favourites was this Charlene style from LeLutka - a store that I do not normally visit and may have to check out more in future - I was looking for things that were not only cute but different from a lot of the styles that I already had... I came away with a great collection!!! 
The left hair is Midori from Wasabi Pills, and I just loved the curls and braid... Wasabi Pills has always been a store that I have gone to for mesh hair, I love the textures and styles that come out of this place.
The right hair is from Analog Dog, and I do have a confession to make. I used to really have no interest in the hair from this place. I was always a bit put off by the textures and the styles, but as of late there have been some really interesting fun and kinda random styles created, like this Other style! 
Then the only short style that I bought at the Fair this year, which is the Cherry Bomb from Clawtooth... I loved the cute curliness that is SO MUCH like the way my hair looked when I was a little kid in RL! It just called out to me hehe... 
The hair on the right is the Pickle Hair from another one of my go-to stores, Ploom. I loved the long style with the adorable little pigtails - Jimmy said I looked like a poodle but hey what does he know LOL...
The Birds of the Sopha OhMai hair were just too much to resist... I HAD to have a hair with birds or tweeters as they are called. After trying on all of the OhMai collection, I had to spend a little time deciding which Birdy mess I wanted... Sopha Won! 
The Right side hair is one from Lamb. Lamb like Analog Dog was a store that I wasn't ever really into, but fell in love with this adorable Scared style.
Lastly I found a couple of freebies that I kinda liked... There are so many adorable things at Hair Fair this year, including the most gorgeous Rapunzel Pig from OhMai that you can grab for free, but hair wise I liked the trilby hatted cheapie from elua called Kei and the Kisii style from Saltgrass... Both of these are very new stores to me, I've never even heard of either but I will definitely be going to check them out!!! 
So these things are likely to come out again and again and you may well get sick of the sight of me wearing these hairs but for now I HAD to share with you... I hope you love them as much as I do and if you are going to go to one event this summer in SL... Maybe you will want to make it this one!? 

What is she wearing;
Skin: Glam Affair - Candy Skin in America 09 (Past Arcade Item) 
Face Wounds: (Under the Eyes) Utopiah - Excessive Pain Makeup, AND,  (Right Eye) Corvus - Scarred Face Tattoo 
Piercing: Cute Poison - Wounded Piercing 
Tattoo: Not Yet Available!
Top: SAKIDE - Florentina 
Pose: Image Essentials - Body Shot 3 (Available now at Naughty Nich) 
Hair:
Analog Dog - Other in Dark Reds (Available now at Hair Fair on the Brunette Sim) 
Clawtooth. - Cherry Bomb (Available now at Hair Fair on the Noirette Sim
elua - Kei FREEBIE! (Available now at Hair Fair on the Brunette Sim) 
Lamb - Scared (Available now at Hair Fair on the Noirette Sim
LeLutka - Charlene in Jessica (Available now at Hair Fair on the Blonde Sim
OhMai - Sopha in Naturals (Available now at Hair Fair on the Brunette Sim)
Ploom - Pickle (Available now at Hair Fair on the Brunette Sim) 
Saltgrass - Kisii FREEBIE (Available now at Hair Fair on the Blonde Sim
Wasabi Pills - Midori (Available now at the Hair Fair on the Redhead Sim) 

No comments:

Post a Comment