Saturday, May 3, 2014

We Pose for a Monday Meme...

Berry asked us about posing... The Meme I missed was about Poses and what kind of places we get our poses from and why we like them... Now I know that pose designers can sometimes be over looked when it comes to blogging, I mean we use them all the time but a lot of the time they get the merest hint of a suggestion with their store listed in the credits, so it seemed like a great idea... What I wasn't sure of was how I wanted to go with this post... Did I want to take a photo of myself taking a photo? Did I want to just pull a pretty picture out of thin air like magic? Then I thought " I want to pose with someone!", I hadn't done that in a while and this would be a perfect opportunity, but who?
A thought struck me to do a picture with one of the people that I am closest to, it's about time her and I had a sister/sister picture moment...
Kara is someone that I have gotten close to in recent months, our relationship started off as one that hit a brick wall of drama due to unnecessary jealousy from one of her friends and one of mine, but since that point - and since we got rid of those people from our lives - Kara has become a sister and one of my best friends... She's dependable, she's silly and makes me giggle, and she will stop me in my tracks if I'm being a mental case! After the last fiasco with family, I said no more but I am more than happy to add this lovely lady to my inner family circle... I just hope that the people around us can handle us as a duo LOL...
So Miss Berry, that is the reason I chose to post this photo on a post about poses, but you did us us to talk about our favourite stores... I will admit I don't go pose shopping often, but I do have a couple that I need to rave about...
CAPTIVITY CO POSES - this is one of my favourites and most often used pose stores... I love their singles and I love the props poses. I cannot get enough of the props poses, they are so useful and will often give me ideas for the direction that my photos will go in.
PRETENSE - another store I use the poses from A LOT... The singles poses from this place are great.
STARRY HEAVEN - a store that I love, but which seems to have stopped creating so much recently and which seem to be no longer available in-world! 
I will also admit to being a bit of a freebie or cheapie pose hound, I love looking on the Marketplace to find the freebies or the cheapies... This pose I used for the photo of Kara and I is a !Bang pose that I found for 1L!

What is she wearing; 
(Kara did write me a list of things she had on, but SL ate it! If you want to know anything in particular about her look please ask and I will find out for you!) 
Hair: Magika - Such 
Skin: Glam Affair - Candy Skin in America 09 (Past Arcade Item) 
Face Wounds: (Forhead) REPULSE - Lobotomy, (Right Eye) Corvus - Scarred Face Tattoo,  AND, (Left Cheek) Corvus - Cheek Scars 
Piercing: Cute Poison - Wounded Piercing 
Collar: tapi - Posh Spike Choker (Past Suicide Dollz Item) 
Necklace: random matter - Rhiannon Necklace in Black/Silver 
Jacket & Top: Beautiful Dirty Rich - Don't Label Me 
Pants: PANIK - Destroy Leggings in Noir 
Pose: !bang - All The More Pose 

1 comment:

  1. Such a sweet pic. It's good to have someone you can count on. <3

    ReplyDelete