Monday, December 2, 2013

Discovery of a Lost World thanks to a Consignment from The Arcade!

Archaeology is a passion of mine. So much so that I went to University and got myself a degree in the subject - I can kinda boastfully say that I have a bachelors degree in Archaeology with a specialization in the Medieval period to boot - and I could and do rabbit on about history and archaeology for HOURS at a time if I am provoked! There is a point to this rambling by the way, bear with me I am getting there lol...
Anyway, as I might have mentioned a few times before, The Arcade is open - can you tell I am getting a little twitchy about wanting to be in there yet? - and whilst I was looking through the items one set caught my eye a little more than some of the others... Can you tell where the opening ramble was going yet?
If you've looked at the Shopping Guide you will notice that Consignment is the one that has opened the flood gates on this ramble due to their awesome creations.
I knew I couldn't resist setting up a mini excavation area in our garden swamp, it felt so perfect excavating the huge T-Rex skull, it was like being in a Lost World movie hehe... The discovery that the Gators were not the first reptiles to wander through our little swamp was a bit of a shock, but my archaeologist instincts kicked in and out came my little trowel hehe... I was already dressed in what I might have worn on site - OK so maybe not the teeny weeny skirt and heels, but the loose shirt and chunky boots are a must!
My only little quibble with the collection is that its dinosaur bones and not human remains... I mean Archaeology is a much prettier word, but when Dinosaurs are concerned it's Palaeontology as Archaeology is human related hehe... But then maybe I'm the only one that will think about that, and even then it is only because I am 100% geek about the subject lol...
Thank you for letting my inner geek out... Gotta love a bit of rolling in the dirt hehe...

What is she wearing; 
Hair: Wasabi Pills - Melissa in Gingerbread 
Skin: Glam Affair - Candy Skin in America 09 (Past Arcade Item) 
Top: [DEADWOOL] - Gingham Shirt in Pale Pink 
Skirt: FANATIK - Mikro Mini Skirt in Grey 
Props: Consignment - Fossil Hunter (Available now at The Arcade
Pose: PRETENSE - Valere 1

No comments:

Post a Comment