Thursday, June 27, 2013

What's Your Digits? You can't ask a lady that LOL! Monday's Meme!

Well, as you may have guessed, it's time for another Berrylicious Meme and this week she brings out a tried and tested but so very interesting Meme idea... Asking each and every one of us about our digits. Now in RL it might be considered rude to ask a woman certain questions about her digits - I personally wouldn't really have an issue with it, because well I joke about the fact that I am a "fat girl" all the time, yet in SL I am going to have an issue in completing this Meme...
If you saw my post last time, when I talked about the Rudhish Digits, you may well have seen my ramblings - maybe they were more like a whinge?! - but if not there have been a few developments... So in working on this Meme I am not going to be able to offer up my digits as such... I hope you don't mind, but as a warning you might want to close the post and walk away - have a cuppa or something instead - rather than listen to me have a repeat whinge with added extras!
For those of you that don't know, my shape is no mod - dun dun dun - and yes I hear you thinking, well why didn't she go and get a new shape? Or why did she buy a no mod shape? Or even thinking that I am totally bonkers for not changing my shape every once in a while, let me fill you in on a few things.
Basically I am nearly 7 years old in SL - some think that's a lot, to others I am still fairly young - but in all that time I have been the same shape. A very old friend - who no longer plays SL - bought me my shape way back when I first started in-world, and back then I had no idea that I would need to be able to modify things later on - I was a noob, what did I know?! Since then I grew accustomed to the shape of my face, my body shape although I think it's cute is slightly less important to me than the my face and when you spend so long looking at it, the thought of changing it to something else - for me personally - seems like a hard thing to do. It would be like looking in the mirror and seeing someone else's face...
HOWEVER, and here is where the rambling varies from the last time I posted about my no-mod shape... I finally decided to contact the designer of ALady shapes - to see if it would be possible to get a copy of the exact same shape with modify permissions. I was willing to pay anything to get one. There was just one HUGE problem... She had lost a chunk of her inventory back at the time when people seemed to be having massive inventory problems and the one shape I wanted was one of them! I nearly cried that day! She was very apologetic - not that she needed to be, it wasn't her fault after all - and she gave me a very similar shape to the one I use that is a pregnancy version, so I am VERY slowly trying to adjust the shape to match my own. It's kinda tedious work but it's something that I have to try and do myself because I am SO picky about it. I won't be happy with anything less than a perfect match facially and I don't want to offend people by saying something isn't good enough, but damn it's taking me time to tweak it...
Until then, that's all the stats you are getting from me LOL... I can't tell you much other than without heels - using the SL height measure I am 6ft 2"... Sorry for the rant, but that's my excuse for not putting my stats up! 

What is she wearing; 
Book: Candie's Book - Alice in Wonderland (No Longer Available)
Hair: Exile - Midnight in Paris in Sunset 

Skin: Sugar - Avril in Rockin Ruby 
Face Wound: Corvus - Cheek Scars 
Face Piercing: SHOCK - Kiss My Spikes in Zebra 
Arm Tattoos: Hysteria - On my arms (No Longer Available!)
Dress: Sugar - Dip Dyed Drip Dress in Bloody (Past Woeful Wednesday Item)
Bracelets: KOSH - (LEFT) Epiphany Bracelet, AND, (RIGHT) Sanctuary Bracelet 

Rings: (LEFT) Remarkable Oblivion - Famous Ring in Silver, AND, (RIGHT) Mandala - Motsumame in Black/Silver 
Boots: J's - Studded Long Boots in Black 
Pose: Starry Heaven - Hikari Poses

1 comment:

  1. ALady shapes! I'd forgotten the name, but that's what I wore too until a couple of years a go. Looong legs, big melons and no mod. I understand how you feel, about not wanting to change your face. I felt exactly the same way and spend ages working on it when I made my current shape. I can say though that at a certain point you just have to leave it the way it is and go with it, even if it isn't perfect. You will get used to you new look.

    ReplyDelete