Monday, June 24, 2013

Don't leave me too long, Biker Boy!

I am never normally shy about posting photos of me that I've worked on in here, or on flickr... For some reason here I can proudly show my work without even the slightest flicker of an eye, yet when I think about seeing anything in people's profiles or on their walls I get more than a little nervous. Yet yesterday was the icing on the cake for the level of nervousness that I felt about one of my photos...
This photo was one I created to enter into one of those put a picture on the walls and then let people vote for it type things. I would never normally have done a picture - sometimes these things feel more like a popularity contest - but I was kinda coerced into creating something by Hell and the Gator girls.
Let me explain... Basically the biker MC world have a lot of events known as rallies. These are places that the biker groups can all come together to hang out and have a good time, and I will admit that although I don't fully feel like a biker I am enjoying meeting some new people with different interests at them. The current rally is being held by a biker club called the Doom Crew, and they have planned a few different activities including some freaking awesome bumper cars, and of course a photo contest.
You needed to use a photo that was somewhat summer related as well as being about bikes - so I created something and spent a while fiddling with it - no amount of different background colours or lighting settings made this look better - but I wanted a picture that was a bit of a pin up style and was made to look folded and creased like some biker had just pulled it down from the wall and folded it up to take it with him as he rode out on a summer biker tour.

What is she wearing; 
Hair: Wasabi Pills - Monique 2 
Skin: Sugar - Avril in Rockin Ruby (Available from June 8th at The Depraved Nation Thrift Shop) 
Face Piercing: SHOCK - Kiss My Spikes in Zebra 
Top: Gator Girl Summer Top, available for members of the Gators MC
Shorts: LRH - Frayed Medium Denim Shorts 

Shoes: Maitreya - Shearling Boots in Black 
Bike: Hogs and Cart Wheels - Chief 
Pose: Made by HellBone for this photo 

No comments:

Post a Comment