Thursday, May 23, 2013

SL DisneyBound - Week 11

So OK, I've been through the extremes when it comes to my Disney looks for the past two weeks... First there was the overly adorable pretty princess Marie the Kitten and then I followed that up with the rather evil looking Flotsam & Jetsom - although I wasn't actually sure which of those I was trying to be hehe... 
This week we come back to something a little bit nicer looking, although this character has always seemed to be a little bit nuts... Maybe it's because I think of Blackadder whenever I hear him talking, or maybe its because he is so bossy that he seems nuts, but whatever the reason, I had to dig around for feathers this week, and the find of the century came out of my inventory... I'd completely forgotten the most awesome feather boa ever... Shame on me! 
WEEK 11 - ZAZU (From The Lion King)!
As the adviser to King Mufasa, Zazu is a bird with possible power issues LOL... He tries to boss around the little lion cub Simba, yet he does allow the king to use him as a training tool for the young cub by making him a target in the art of pouncing! Zazu doesn't take the sassiness of Simba and is quick to retort - "That's Mr. Banana Beak to you, Fuzzy!" - Mr.Banana Beak... Gotta love anyone that can take name calling and turn it into a joke like that! 
So for my Mr. Banana Beak look I simply found myself drawing up against a brick wall and stopping LOL... He has orange legs, let's go with that I said - one pair of orange pants later and a check in the box, and it was on to the harder part... My top half! It needed to be something blue, well you may have noticed that unless it's jeans I don't wear much blue... Still there had to be something buried in my wardrobe somewhere. I dug down deep and decided to layer things up with a white undershirt, a futuristic mesh pattern dress top and a very Rudhish sweater. I love being able to layer things like that, it makes me happy hehe... 
BUT the crowning glory of this outfit HAS to be this awesome feather boa from Schadenfreude. I was naughty, this was a white one that I re-coloured, but seriously this boa attaches to a number of different points in small sections and the join lines between those are faultless - least on me anyway -  and in a way this is so much better than some of the boas I have seen which have been created in Mesh! The feathers are flexi - old school I know! - but they move in such a natural way, I guess it goes to show how something awesome like this will last and last. Mesh is great but I am having to try hard not to forget the awesome stuff I loved in the past, like this boa... I will have to remember where I've stored this hehe!!! 
The photo itself was something that I had trouble finding a location for - luckily Grendel's Children (a store filled with fun avatars) has a landscape below it that seemed to perfectly fit the Lion King Style... If you want to see the landscape, then you will need to leave the store and head for the ground - I would suggest if you are going the aerial route you fly down, falling from 3000 feet hurts - anyone got a plaster? 
I want to once again though point out just how much I am loving this challenge - hosted by Miss Natalee Oodles on the StyleMinions Blog - like the Colour Challenge before it, this challenge is helping me rediscover so much of my old stuff hehe!!! 

What is she wearing; 
Hair: [T]he[C]ilekli - Tirn Short Mesh Hair in Blue 
Skin: Sugar - Ink in Tone 3 Dark Brows 
Make-Up: Miss Shippe's Studio - Preserving Birds in Glass in Laudanum 
Face Piercing: SHOCK - Kiss My Spikes in Zebra 
Feather Boa: Schadenfreude - White Wrapped Feather Boa (Re-coloured by me) 
Necklace: alaskametro - Cyber necklace in Pink/Orange 
Sweater: Krautuve - Cropped Shirt in Granma Made It Blue 
Shirt: Rotten Defiance - Cleaned Out Dress in Blue 
Undershirt: Retro' - Simple Winter Hunt Dress 
Ring: Mandala - Motsumame in Black/Silver 
Nails: SLink - Enhancement Fingernails for Default Hands, WORN WITH, KOSH - AV Enhancement Glossy Fingernails 1 
Pants: Paradisis - Satine Pants in Orange 
Boots: RedTape - kUGGsh in Orange 
Pose: Rook Poses - Delirium 4

1 comment:

  1. LOL so am I going to have to call you Mrs Banana Beak from now on? ;p

    That boa is gorgeous, you're right that it's better than mesh with the flexi feathers. Remember I was trying to recolour mine and I got a very happy lag accident where it went randomly half and half black and white? I kept that version and made a copy!

    I made my blog so anyone could comment, just in case it was putting people off. First comment I get to my latest post is spam XD Ugh.

    ReplyDelete