Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Tinkering with all the pretty lights...

For the last couple of days, I have been playing with the windlight settings - finding a shot that I liked and then flicking through the lighting to see which I like best for each shot... Stupidly I never wrote down names, I was just having a bit of a giggle looking at the way that the light affected things, I will no doubt keep trying the lighting out as I begin to discover some of the techniques used by the SL photography pros that are discussed in the various photography tutorials blog posts!
I particularly loved two photos that I took however... 
The first one I have called "My Heart, It Broke". I took this photo the day after all of the big drama blew up in my face. I was feeling more than a little depressed at the time and the thought of wearing anything bright, colourful or pretty, just made me want to vomit! I wasn't sure of the lipstick at first but now I love the fact the colour pops out like that, and the lighting seems to really highlight the tears. This look if definitely a bit more vintage Rudh - I used to RP as a vampire a long time ago before the Bloodlines game took over SL and therefore before it became fashionable! People have said that although the photo is sad at first there is a definite sparkle in her eye and a slight smile on her lips - suggestive of something but they can never say what. 
Possibly it could link to another photo I took that I really liked... 
This one I've been thinking of as a photo showing "The Keys To Your Secrets", maybe it's a reason why the Rudh above has a gleam in her eye and a slight smile... I love the pop art nature of this photo, and stumbled upon the lighting by accident, makes it seem even better somehow! The colours sum up my feel at the time too... The healing process of losing what I did has begun and the colours seem brighter now that I have a chance to breath and spend more time on me rather than on something else! But like the photo suggests I hold the keys hehe... Question is, will the locks always remain locked?

2 comments:

  1. Ooh I really like the pop-art one, that would make a great poster, def. looks a bit Andy Warhol. What did you do in the first one to get it nicely lit but black background?? Maybe the pics link because you hold the keys to your own heart, so nobody can hurt you again, or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the pop art one too. Though Jaundiced springs to mind also (it's me had to get something in!). Secrets are kept by closed lips and the keys further the idea of being locked in. The top pic is sad but she does have that slight smile.

    ReplyDelete